Global Architecture & Information Network Initiative
The Global Architecture & Information Network (GAIN for short) is an initiative to enable more effective government, business opportunities, transparent government and job creation by building on and extending the U.S. leadership success in the internet combined with open source software and industry standards.
To realize President Obama's Initiatives of transparent, participatory and collaborative government we need pervasive access to information. GAIN can facilitate access to that information; the ability to link it, query it analyze it and create public forums to help create it.
The core of the opportunity is to create a “network of business and technology information and architectures” that will allow for federation of government and commercial organizations processes, services, data and plans - the Data Cloud. The imperatives for integration and collaboration are well established: greater collaboration and integration means more effective government, more profitable business, visibility and leadership. Collaboration, integration and information visibility are the cornerstones of a wide range of initiatives from economic recovery to fighting terrorism as identified in the president's agenda.
The key enabler of the Global Architecture & Information Network is a “backbone” of open source software and government architectures that can lay the foundation for GAIN and spur commercial tools, infrastructure, services and architectures that will build on the foundation provided by the backbone. This backbone can be provided by a joint effort of government, industry, standards organizations, and universities.
Please contribute to GAIN! Just create a free account (see the upper right corner) and you can post messages, wiki pages and more.
- you commented on the wiki page Sites of Interest saying gveJXFLz
- you commented on the forum topic DoDAF-2 saying Looking forward to hear from
- you commented on the forum topic DoDAF-2 saying Think of human nature. We are
- you commented on the forum topic DoDAF-2 saying yes I do agree with this,
- you commented on the forum topic DoDAF-2 saying We are all competitive to
- you commented on the project news No implied endorsement saying GAIN
- you commented on the forum topic GAIN and Google Wave saying Cisco Training
- you commented on the wiki page GAIN Introduction saying Viagra
- you commented on the wiki page GAIN Introduction saying Xanax
- you commented on the wiki page GAIN Introduction saying Buy Pall Mall